Wednesday, June 13

food problems

so does this sound familiar to you?  (i hope so.)

you go to the grocery store, buy $100 worth of food, get home, and have nothing to eat?
ahhhh.
we never have anything to eat.
even at the store, we buy the same things every trip.
we try to prepare by finding recipes beforehand.
or the ingredients are really specific and expensive to buy just for one use.
nothing ever sounds that great.
i'm starting to go insane.
whatever we have in the house, i'd rather still just walk to subway, which turns out, is cheaper than making food myself anyway.
and another issue is that m and i have the exact same taste in food, so when we do have something worthy of eating, we compete for it.
we're in a rut and we even actively try not to be.
cereal doesn't even sound good to me anymore.
ice cream does, but really, how responsible is a diet of ice cream?

so is this normal?  who out there has a good recipe(s) or lifechanging food solution for us?

2 comments:

  1. i'm right there with you. I find I'll have great motivation one week to cook and then NONE for a week and no real appetite for anything. I've found making double batches of things like soups and casseroles and freezing the leftovers helps with those "ugh what to eat" nights. I'm trying some new moosewood (vegetarian) lunch salads this week. I'll let you know how they go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I end up eating eggs at least once a week.
    This is my most recent recipe discovery: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3065
    Except I used a box of parmesan couscous, used an orange instead of nectarine, and didn't use nearly as much spinach. I've done it without greens too and it still tastes good. Or my mom made it with almonds instead of pistachios.

    ReplyDelete