Sunday, October 30

an ikea kitchen


Hey there, out there!  Just wanted to drop by and remind you I'm here.  While I'm at it, I'm posting this Ikea kitchen as inspiration for us all.  Looking beyond the obviously wonderful white cabinets that mix open shelving and see through doors into the mix, I'd like to comment on the successful use of contrast in the kitchen.  While there's white, there's too beautiful dark floors of deep mahogany.  And while normally I don't love dark counter tops, they're kind of great here.

I took a gander and found some fun accessories that I think would look great with a kitchen like this one.  Frankly, I just felt like online shopping without the guilt of buying.  So here's some of my picks:



2. These hand towels (meant for the bathroom, but a towel is a towel, right?):


3. Wouldn't it be nice to have some handmade touches?  Like these etsy bowls:


4. How about a nice rug to stand on... and do dishes (yeah, not so fun):


5.What a big face this clock has!:


6. Oh, I do enjoy these little spice jars


7. And while we're at, collector's edition gallon sized ball jars!:


8. Decorative chalkboard:


9. Checkout amazing "School House" pendant lights here.

9. Lastly, these chrome barstools:
 
Hopefully, we all can now walk into our respective kitchens and see what could be, as opposed to what's there now;)  Haha, I kid.  I'm sure we all have kitchens as nice as the one above.  Yes, sure of it;)

No comments:

Post a Comment