Wednesday, April 13

i knew i was old and/or a homeowner when…

My May issue of Martha Stewart Living came yesterday and I felt like a dear friend had returned.
(This month is all about spring planting!  And I just bought a spade, hazah!  Martha features her "white garden"... love.)

I would rather watch old Cheers episodes than go out and be social.
(Ahem, there is currently all eleven seasons on Netflix instant streaming…)

Today, I had to ask my coworker what “@RT” means on Twitter.
(I’m a follower, not a tweeter… or a re-tweeter either, as it turns out.)

Friday (at a rare social gathering) I asked, “So what’s the popular music on the radio these days?”
(I listen to my James Taylor radio on Pandora 8+ hours a day… I still don’t think I’m missing a whole lot… what is the deal with Ke$ha and where did Amy Winehouse go?  Am I the only girl who notices that Justin Bieber is smaller than me???) 

….Telling is that the last concert I went to was JT and Carole King’s Troubadour tour with my mom… all the baby boomers in the room and I had a great time.

I used to be a PerezHiltonite and now find his posts boring.  I am celeb-crazed, so I do know of the people he makes fun of, I guess I’m just too “mature” for the Paint blurbs.  See, I like to adore and idolize celebrities, conjure up how beyond cool and easy their lives must be.  Seeing a picture of them leaving a Walgreens in sweats and a Perez scribble kind of ruins everything.... So does Dancing with the Stars (though secretly I really like Kirstie Alley).

Speaking of TV, my favorites are the family dramas, Brothers and Sisters the only one really needing to be mentioned.  (I openly love Sally Field.)

My socially liberal self is feeling beat up by the realities of our government and wondering if I’m just silly.
Sure get rid of our unions, why not?  Every man for himself!  (Ok, I'm not quite at this point yet...)

I’d rather look like I was going off to a yoga class in leggings and flowy cotton (mind you I don’t know yoga) than look trendy with current seasonal outfits. (who really “puts together an outfit?”)

My favorite blog to follow is Design Mom (and no!  I’m not a mom!).
Gabrielle is living in France, her posts are wonderful and her life is lovely.  Take a look. 
As Betty White has said (89 and rocking it), I think I like animals more than people.
(Ok, maybe I just like my dog more than most people!)

I have a very uncool Pay as You Go phone because I don’t really talk all that much, I text less and I’d much rather just see you in person!
(How weird is that? But you may have to come to me, seeing as I’m a “somahomebody” now!  I kid.)

I occassionally eat dinner at 4:30.  Enough said?
 

{happy one month!}
 

4 comments:

  1. oh I love you so much! your blog is ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh-so-happy one month, soma home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, a new blog to add to my blog bookmarks that i religiously read every sunday night! miss you, somas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you had a blog and just caught up with your posts! LOVE the new house! I used to lurk on a lot of those same websites you've listed pre-baby, and while things are a little different now, I'm going to just live vicariously through your beautiful detail-oriented design pictures. I always liked http://www.designspongeonline.com/

    Happy SomaHome!

    ReplyDelete