Sunday, June 26

a wreath & lovely bits.

Our door has a wreath!
($10 from JoAnn)

   


Well it did.  It fell approximately 24 hours after I hung it via a Command hanger, you know the no-damage-but-no-stick hooks.  Does anyone out there have an idea for how I can re-hang the thing so that it stays, I don't drill into the door, and can't see what it's hanging from?  Hmm, might be a tall order.


Lots of random projects going on around here...  updates soon!  But I wanted to share with you a couple finds I'm obsessing about.

If you aspire to live year round in a cottage like I do, I think you'll find this Dutch bedding tempting.
(Uh, but everything is in Dutch sizes, what's a Dutch bed like?  Dutch people are taller and thinner than us, right?  So is there any point to ordering their sheets, seeing as they won't fit our short and wide mattresses?  When sheets aren't universal, you know we have a problem.  Hmm.)

I may have more decorative pots, jars and misc. containers than I should.  But really how could I not buy these?

Am I alone with my OWN curiosity?  Season 25, Finding Sarah, the O'Neils?  Oprah wedded with reality TV is a must.  Though, let's be clear.  I still miss Brothers & Sisters.  Desperately.

I'd like to start collecting mismatched vintage china.  I'm planning to be an old lady and hang some on my kitchen wall.  Do you like these?  My thoughts are in blue and white.

From my free reading sessions at B&N I recommend:
Cary Grant's daughter wrote a book explaining that he really was swoon worthy.

Do you like GP?  Can't say that I've always been a fan, but after Country Strong and many months of GOOP loyalty, I must admit I'd like to own her cookbook.  She may think highly of herself, but maybe she should!

Of course I must mention Martha.  I love her font and labels.

How do you feel about wallpaper?  I'm afraid to let myself trust it, it can be so regret-filled.

Lastly, a couple cakes I'd like to try.
Oh my nutella.  And can't go wrong with lemon curd.  Note to self, learn how to make lemon curd, despite its unappetizing title.

Until next time...
I ran across this Charles Schultz quote, which I find rather sweet.

"Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together?  I guess that wouldn't work.  Someone would leave.  Someone always leaves.  Then we would have to say good-bye.  I hate good-byes.  I know what I need.  I need more hellos."


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! But do you have any problems with birds and that wreath? I had one just like that, but with red "berries," and the birds were all over it! The berries weren't real of course, but I wonder if they were coated with something birds liked. By the end of the week the wreath was half gone, and the neighborhood birds were looking a little bit green around the gills, if you know what I mean LOL!

    If you come up with anything to keep the birds off, that would make a great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo. haven't had the bird issues yet, kinda hope i don't! i can see how the poor things could get confused, the little balls do look like berries. i'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete