Friday, September 9

green hydrangeas



 Our hydrangea bush had white blooms in the middle of the summer and now they're green.  How nice!  They're really pretty and apparently the color change denotes the blooms' decline for the year, but their color and fullness are just as neat as ever.

And yes, I had to ask my neighbor, "Why are my hydrangeas green!"

But did you know that the color of hydrangea blooms are based on the acidity of the soil they're grown in?  This is actually something I've known, quite shocking actually.  In Cape Cod there's the most beautiful ink blue blooms and lots of pink too, unlike here where most are white.

So anyway, as you can see, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from the long hydrangea season.  And they dry great too!  The obsession continues....

I would like to get into peonies.  Good idea?  White or pink.... hmm, white.

No comments:

Post a Comment