Thursday, July 28

chicago {one}

This past weekend we went windy.
Here’s what we did & where we went.
*Shedd Aquarium (Dolphin show made me tear up, is that weird?)
*Science and Industry Museum (I've now seen my share of submarines.)
*Chicago Institute of Art (Did you know there’s a new Modern wing?)
*Navy Pier (A little over-rated. Too.many.people.)
*Walked the Lake Shoreline
*Architectural Boat Tour
*Millennium Park (It’s more than the Bean!)
*Listened to music at the Amphitheatre (Frank Gehry design.)
*Second City! (Highlight! Check out all of its alumni!)
*Lincoln Park (Where the Chicago yuppies live.)
*Stayed with Kelly in Ukrainian Village (Wonderful.)
*Chinatown (Have you been to the grocery store?!?)
*Ate deep.dish.pizza.

It was all great fun.  We didn’t see anything gangster like we’d hoped and we need to return to go see Barry 'Bama’s house, but I’m pretty happy with the amount we saw!  The two highlights for me were Second City & the art museum. 

I happened to be in the front row at the comedy club, which for everyone who hasn’t been there means you wait the whole show on pins and needles, knowing you will somehow be forced into a skit, whether by mockery, embarrassment, uncontrollable laughter, or all of the above.  Well, it’s difficult to give the whole picture, but there was a skit in which one of the actors was down on all fours convincingly acting like a horse.  He was right in my face eating a spiting an apple and never once broke eye contact with me.  The harder I laughed, the longer he kept the skit up.  It felt like forever, and I think it was.  I’ve never laughed like that, and I really don’t know how I will again.  It was that funny.  Honestly, the most talented people start on that stage and I’m on cloud nine that I saw/laughed at them.

The art museum is so awe-some.  Such a great collection of impressionists, especially my forever favorite, Vincent van Gogh.





Because I’m in love with gilded frames, I took pictures of various ones, mostly very ornate, at the museum.  (Feel free to zone out, many geeky pictures to follow.)

   

{look what snuck into the museum.}

No comments:

Post a Comment