Sunday, July 31

you know, domestic things.

Lately....
I've made cupcakes.
Forgetting to use baking cups lends cupcakes that are a bit clumsy looking, with random pieces left in the pan.  Oh well.  I admit they came from a Trader's Joe mix, vanilla bean, but I made the frosting.  And regardless of their appearance, the cake stand redeems them.

I've also made granola.
 Combine old fashioned oats, brown sugar, and maple syrup or honey until clumpy.  Spread on cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes at 375f.  Let cool, maybe add craisins, raisins and/or almonds for excitement.  Serve with yogurt or milk.

 I've been upholstering a chair.  Finished before and after soon, if all goes....
 I've been cooking just to use up my herbs.  (I didn't know they're annuals, what a bummer.)
 I've been making bouquet after bouquet of hydrangeas.  I've also (as you know) been taking a lot of photos of them.  Sorry, take comfort I've only include two in this post!

M & I have played Monopoly and I wish I could say I've won.  He's the Mr.Potter of the board, a real estate tycoon and owner of some very expensive hotels.  Maybe next time...
 Lastly, I've made more pillows, one for each dining chair.  You have no room to sit down, but at least the pillows have a nice seat!
 And I've watched Netflix, but I didn't think you needed a picture of the TV to get the visual. :)

So, what have you been up to?  I'm betting cooler things than I!
(Things that maybe require leaving your house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment