Tuesday, August 9

nora/sally, jane/meryl & their houses

I have two (fictional) women that I’d like to emulate.  Of course they’re perfect, they’re made up.  But who cares, I think they’re great.

Nora Walker is the matriarch of the Walker family on "Brothers and Sisters"… my all time favorite show (now canceled, I cry).  Sally Field plays her so well and is just the cutest woman, who happens to be a perfect cook, mother, decorator, entertainer, counselor… on the show.  She’s liberal and married a Republican, which is why she has her social ideals but lives in her gorgeous and incredibly large Pasadena home.  She’s fiery and gets flustered a lot, but we’re always reminded by the end of the episode that she’s very loving and wise.

Here’s a few pictures of Nora, Sally, and their homes:

The home of the Walker clan:



Well, the kitchen basically is the Walker's home!

{Isn't Sally adorable?}


{Sally, you do the Farrah-do great justice.}

 And isn't her home baa-utiful?  Which room is your favorite?  Mine's the kitchen, although the bathroom (maybe it looks more like a "powder room") is a close second.






While I love the East Coast, I seem to really love southern California.  Played by the wonderfully talented Meryl Streep, Jane Adler from "It's Complicated" is my second “ideal” woman who lives in the most beautiful Mediterranean inspired home (which for some reason she's having remodeled to be better... possible?).  



She’s a mother too and owns her own bakery, “The Bakery.”  In "It’s Complicated" she makes everything French, including chocolate croussaints, which I was inspired to make and found out I'm no Jane.  I love her clothes and her life, minus her ending up with Steve Martin.

Check out the best movie homes.  I particularly love the beach home in "Something's Gotta Give."  Can you see why?!?


What are your favorite movie & TV houses?  And are you delusional like me and start to believe you live in them?

1 comment:

  1. I think a kitchen is the most important part of the house! When I grow up :) my kitchen is going to be the most amazing ever!!

    ReplyDelete