Wednesday, August 3

{the} robert redford


I don't think my husband will really mind me sharing these photos of Robert Redford playing table tennis with Paul Newman because Robert is 74 years young.

I've had a crush on RR since I was ten.  Betty White has mentioned her love for Robert so many times that he sent her a love poem and a signed picture.  Do you think I will have a similar fortune?

In high school, a friend and I would always discuss, ok squabble about, who was better?
Robert Redford or MacGyver?

I'd mention Robert could fight crime as a cowboy or a clever con man all while maintaining a hairstyle Bieber would drool over.  (Oh, sting.)  
She'd mention MacGyver could make a bomb from a paper clip.

I'd rebut that Robert whispers to horses and is too wise to verbalize the ways of nature, whether it be with animals or women.  He can make anyone love him, just with a sincere look from his ocean deep eyes.
Well, MacGyver is all business in the front, party in the back.

I'd amp up the anty by mentioning he runs a film festival, heads up environmental conservation efforts, directs and producers and acts.
MacGyver literally saves the world.  On his own.

MacGyver doesn't hold a candle to Robert.
MacGyver does need to, he uses the candle to light the world during terrorist attacks.

Robert inspires all men to look and be better.  Is there any wonder who sparked Brad Pitt to grow out his hair, marry Angelina Jolie, and adopt the children of the world?
Yeah, well, without MacGyver there'd be no Texas Ranger or Jack Bauer.

Without Robert Redford, Utah would be barren and the seas would be trashed.  Without Robert Redford, celebrities would be trivial and they'd never run for political office.  Without Robert Redford, there'd be no Barbara Streisand and Oprah wouldn't continually be trying to up her game.  He's inspiring.  He does it all, better than everyone.  And he looks dreamy doing it.
Uh, well that's probably all not true.  I bet Redford idolizes MacGyver.

Does not.
Does too.

Does McGyver have a catalog featuring the work of local artisans living and working sustainably?
MacGyver doesn't have time for art, he's too busy saving everything.

Is not.
Is too.

Robert Redford was the fifth Beatle.  Yes, he's a wonderful singer.
MacGyver was the lead singer in a punk band.  He had to quit his music to pursue saving the planet.

Redford has mastered oil painting and he could have been an Olympic skier.  Haven't you seen "Downhill Racer?"
Have you seen the things MacGyver can do with duct tape?

Redford could be president if he wanted. (Fast forward....)  He's a freaking Kennedy Center Honoree!
Who cares, MacGyver runs multiple countries and has no time for such ceremonies.

To know Robert is to love him.
You don't know Robert Redford.

Do too.  MacGyver doesn't know you!
MacGyver is all knowing and seeing.  He's mad at you for saying that to me.

Well, Robert Redford would defend me too if he weren't out on a horse ride in his thousand acre ranch.
I think you just made my case.

Na-ah.  He's going to send me a love poem.  I just know it.  You just don't know the way we are!

{As you probably have guessed, I could go on and on about Robert Redford.  And the above conversation is highly exaggerated for effect... but not my devotion to RR!}

No comments:

Post a Comment