Thursday, August 25

....& a time to plant.


My mom brought me a bag of daffodil bulbs.  I have to plant them sometime before the first frost, do you think that's doable?  Probably.  But I can't possibly plant them without a detailed, thought-out plan for the the whole yard, can I?

So now I have a deadline.  That's definitely a good thing.  So I ask, what other plants look good with daffodils?  Should I color coordinate?  Should I do a wildflower prairie look?  Should I go with what I think is pretty and hope all goes well?  Should the flower beds border the yard or should I be more creative?  Should I stagger what blooms throughout the year?

Who knew a bag of bulbs could lead to so many thoughts?  I think I might be over-thinking this whole gardening thing!






1 comment:

  1. I am about to become a homeowner after my meeting with my mortgage company (Avrus Mortgage) closes next week. My best friends mom has a bag of all different bulbs for me but I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to gardening. I have the exact same thoughts going through my head. At least I have a few more months to decide what I am going to do. What did you end up going with? Do you have any advice?

    ReplyDelete