Friday, August 26

brown eggs




M just walked in and said, "I can't believe you're posting pictures of eggs."
I never, ever said I was very interesting or had complex interests.  I think eggs are about as simple as you can get, but brown eggs, now they're a step above.  Don't they just say, "From the farm eatin'!"?

Like when you watch Martha bake, she'd never be caught with a neutral, white egg.  No, no.  Each egg must have a different tan tint to distinguish them as natural, fresh, and wholesome.

I've been making frittatas (or nelly frittatos as M calls them) lately and would like to try quiche.  Even using brown eggs to make chocolate chip cookies makes me feel a bit ritzy.  (You know from Nestle Tollhouse.... remember that episode of Friends when Monica tries to figure out Phoebe's family recipe, and it was the one on the package?  Ha-to-the-ha.)

So check back for my upcoming egg-celent recipes of what I make this weekend.  If you like eggs, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment