Sunday, May 8

an appeal for my beloved brothers & sisters


My favorite matriarchal family, the Walkers, might be leaving and I just can't take it.  I've watched from the beginning and can't imagine my Sundays without them, Nora in particular.  Nora, played by the wonderful Sally Field, is a feisty, determined, meddling but adorable, liberal mother.  Her family is hectic but perfect and in their chaos is the best drama and hilarity on TV.  Seriously, watch and you'll not only fall in love, you'll want to be a Walker and soon, you'll be convinced you are one.


I love the sincerity of the show and its relationships.  If the way TV is going is an indicator of our society, I'm sad.  Brothers & Sisters is just so well done.  Acting icons playing rich and healthy roles.  And it's not reality TV!  I just feel ill that "Extreme Weight Loss Edition" is premiering, while the fate of the single family drama on TV is weary.  Just what am I to do?

It's silly and I'm obsessive, I know.  But, I'm hoping for the best and if the Walkers come back for a final year, watch!  The more you watch the more episodes they'll make (Next year could be as little as 6 episodes...  Can you imagine?  Boo)!!  Anyway, please tune in for Nora, she's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment