Tuesday, May 3

soma home organizer

 Many times I clean and an hour later the puppy has ripped up an entire catalog on my newly vacuumed carpet.  Or, I’ve just washed the countertops, only to find fixing a small snack has suddenly exploded into empty bread bags, peanut buttered knives, and crumbs, oh my god the crumbs!

The worst though is laundry and my closet.  M is way better at managing his clothes than I am.  I will once a season color code my clothes and break them into categories.  I will inevitably feel really good about the couple hours I spent valuing the condition of my closet.  But then, well, I stop caring.  It’s not that I don’t want to be organized or that I don’t know that ultimately it saves time to hang up a washed shirt rather than throw it in a pile and search a half an hour for it later.  It’s just my mentality that “I will take care of it in 5” and then end up watching 4 episodes of Brothers and Sisters.  Oops!  And well, most nights after work, after taking Teddy for a walk/run, eating, showering, I just feel like being casual with things; not having a to-do list and relaxing with M and Teddy.  But then, I’m sitting on the couch surrounded by papers, crumbs and wrinkled clothes and I don’t feel so relaxed.

So I’ve decided to keep a Soma Home Organizer.  I really do miss my college planner and while I don’t have as many social events to pencil in to my week as I did when I was 21, I do have a lot more chores.  And actually, I think when I know that it’s time for laundry, I’ll enjoy it.  I’m a creature of habit and scheduling.  We recently upgraded from condo living, aka everything’s-taken-care-for-you living, to home-ownership.  We have laundry, cleaning, cooking, bill paying, dog walking, but too yard work, home repairs and decorating!  It’s all fun stuff, but could probably get away from us very quickly.

Here’s what I’ve created:  

{everything you need to think about on one page}
A weekly schedule with specific to-accomplish categories:  kitchen, laundry, message, buy, etc.  I have my to-do list broken down and paired with the week’s outlook, so that I can have the flexibility of accomplishing the task when I have the time.  Plus, this is a bit prettier and more personal than any blank organizer.

Of course, I made a version for you too.  Hang it on the fridge, put it in a binder or folder.
Whatever works for you to be organized! 
 

 Hope it helps!  I'll let you know if it does for me.  :).



1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh you are too cute....I think you are ready to have a mini soma with how organized you are .... however little ones are even worse with the messes ;)

    ReplyDelete